Tuesday, July 23, 2013

New Place, Fresh Start

For those of you who don't know, Dan and I will soon be moving to Shelbyville! :) We are very excited about the move! Not much will be changing, (we will be keeping the jobs we have) but we will be, for once in an almost entirely new place. It's very refreshing for me... We are coming up on 4 years of marriage and we have lived in the same apartment complex since we were married.. so the thought of a new place is exciting. The new place is an apartment also.. but in a much nicer complex that comes with lots more amenities, better space, a pool and a gym we can use for free! So excited! :)

With the thoughts of a new home to decorate I've looked back on when we moved into the apartment we are in now and the hideous green carpet we have had to deal with here.. (HA!) I had chosen a red and brown color scheme when we first got married... but upon moving into an apartment with green carpet I just couldnt bear having a living room that constantly resembled Christmas... SO... I worked with what we had, bought a few new things and put away my red decorations.

Finally tho... we can get them back out and I've been working on some things to bring back the red I wanted all along!!! :) 




The first piece is an updated one from the blog post Pinterest Night. The birds are cut from red card stock and the words written with brown sharpie.

The second piece is a canvas painted red. I cut the shape of KY out of scrapbook paper and glued it the the canvas along with the white letters.

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you all! I hope you enjoy Shelbyville! I recognize the first piece!

    ReplyDelete