Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Thankful" Jar

*** To make this I cleaned the wax out of an old candle jar using this method... Boiling Water Method.

I put the word "thankful" on the outside of the jar with white stickers. and then painted the inside of the jar brown.When the brown dried I painted over it with mod podge to help prevent the paint from chipping.

To finish it off I tied the bow around the top of the jar. :)

What I love most about this idea is what it is used for. On Thanksgiving I plan to bring this to our family gathering along with a pad of paper and pens. As we enjoy our meal and the day my hopes are that each person will add at least one thing that they are thankful for to the jar and towards the end of the day we can all sit around and read them aloud. :)
Check out my post Fall for a link to all my fall related posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment